Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Arizona Marriage License requirements

To apply for a marriage license, contact your County Clerk of the Superior Court office:

APACHE COUNTY P.O. Box 365 St. Johns, AZ 85936
928-337-7550/FAX 928-337-2771

COCHISE COUNTY P.O. Drawer CK Bisbee, AZ 85603
520-432-8570/FAX 520-432-4850

COCONINO COUNTY 200 North San Francisco Street
Flagstaff, AZ 86001 928-779-6535/FAX 928-556-0530

GILA COUNTY 1400 East Ash Street Globe, AZ 85501
928-425-3231FAX 928-425-7802

GRAHAM COUNTY 800 Main Street Safford, AZ 85546
928-428-3100/FAX 928-428-0061

GREENLEE COUNTY P.O. Box 1027 Clifton, AZ 85533
928-865-4242/FAX 928-865-5358

LA PAZ COUNTY 1316 Kofa Ave., Ste.607 Parker, AZ 85344
928-669-6131/FAX 928-669-2186

MARICOPA COUNTY Clerk of the Court
201 West JeffersonPhoenix, AZ 85003602-506-3676/FAX 602-506-7684

Obtain Marriage Licenses at this location: 601 West Jackson, Phoenix, AZ 85003
602-506-3360/FAX 602-506-5649

MOHAVE COUNTY P.O. Box 7000, Kingman, AZ 86402-7000
928-753-0713 EXT 4377/FAX 928-753-0781

NAVAJO COUNTY P.O. Box 668 Holbrook, AZ 86025
928-524-4188/FAX 928-524-4261

PIMA COUNTY 110 West Congress, 1st FloorTucson, AZ 85701
520-740-3201/FAX 520-798-3531

PINAL COUNTY P.O. Box 2730, Florence, AZ 85232
520-866-6296/FAX 520-866-6252

SANTA CRUZ COUNTY 2150 North Congress Drive, Nogales, AZ 85628
520-375-7700/FAX 520-761-7857

YAVAPAI COUNTY Yavapai County Courthouse 120 South Cortez Street
Prescott, AZ 86303 928-771-3312/FAX 928-771-3111

YUMA COUNTY 168 South Second Avenue, Ste. B, Yuma, AZ 85364
928-817-4210/FAX 928-329-2007

Here's what you need to know, and what you have to do to get a Marriage License in Arizona. (Note: These details were obtained from the Clerk of the Superior Court of Maricopa County.)

If you are both 18 years or older, you can get a marriage license.

If you're under 18, you'll have to have a notarized parental consent form or have your parents accompany you, present the proper identification, and sign the parental consent form in front of the clerk issuing your license.

If you are age 16 - 17 identification and one of the following documents showing proof of age is needed: certified copy of birth certificate; current driver's license; state or military I.D. card; or current passport.

If you are age 15 or under, you must also have a court order to get a marriage license.

The fee for a marriage license is $50 payable by cash or check with a driver license, bank guarantee card or credit card. There is an extra charge for a certified copy, which is required if the bride will be changing her name at Social Security and MVD.

If you are purchasing a license at the Justice Courts, they accept checks, money orders, or cashiers checks.

No blood test is required to obtain a marriage license.

Copies of previous divorce decrees are not required.

You may be required to provide proof of age to obtain a marriage license.

You'll receive your marriage license at the time you apply for it, so you can be married on the same day.

The marriage license is valid for one year, and can only be used within the State of Arizona.

Marriages may be performed by a member of the clergy, a judge, a magistrate, a clerk of the circuit court, or a clerk or clerk-treasurer of a city or town.

There are special requirements for Covenant Marriages.

You do not have to be an Arizona resident to get a marriage license here.

Neither common law marriages nor same sex marriages are recognized in Arizona.

In 2004 AZ stopped allowing application for the license by mail to ensure that a marriage license would not be issued to a same sex couple.

If you have other questions about a marriage license, please contact the Clerk of the Superior Court at 602-506-3360 or 506-2125.

What You Need:

Proof of age ** $50 (plus $18 for certified copy) ** And a fiancée of course!

1 comment:

Becka Wright said...

This is the first time I've found all the information I needed in one place, and without a bunch of ads trying to sell me stuff I don't need. Great site.